|The Secret Garden|
|Wedding of the White Queen|
What I really wanted to show you is something
for my next photo shoot coming up very soon.
I have created a fairy! Well, I am nearly convinced
that one of my children is an actual fairy. Seriously.
Just not the one I am sing for these images.
Here is a look at the progress of her wings. I used 16 gauge galvanized steel wire to sculpt the wings. It's pretty light weight and stable. At least for the size wings I
am trying to create. Mind you, I haven't created wings like this before, so I am kind of winging it. No pun intended.
After getting the size and basic shape, I added details and veins using a smaller gauge wire. I wanted to have a natural look to the wings. Like a bug would have. I didn't want a "dress up" look to them. After I got them how I wanted them to look I painted them a mat black using spray paint. The used some thick iridescent cellophane and silicone caulk for make the "membrane"
|Before Being Painted|
|After Being Painted|
|Silicone used as an adhesive|
After the silicone dries I will trim it to the wire so it has a cleaner look. I just have to put the arm straps on and the decorative details, and they will be finished.
I am super excited to do this session. I am making some other fabulous props and costume pieces. Follow along for more behind the scenes and how I create my images and products.